MisoHeat Smashed Potatoes
These MisoHeat Smashed potatoes are the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck dinner. These spicy, salty and crunchy potatoes will steal the show!
1 lb small potatoes
3 Tbsp peanut oil (any high temperature oil will do)
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp yellow miso
1 tsp MisoHeat
1 Tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 clove minced garlic
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425°
1. Place potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, add salt, and boil until the potatoes are fork tender.
2. Drain the potatoes.
3. Smash the potatoes on a baking pan with a fork.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with oil, and bake in oven until they are crispy (about 10-15 minutes).
5. In a small pot, melt butter, and mix in yellow miso, and MisoHeat on the stove. Once melted and combined, remove from heat.
6. Add vinegar and garlic.
7. Add the potatoes to the pot, or transfer the potatoes and MisoHot mixture to a bowl and toss until covered.
8. Sprinkle generously with parsley and serve